Monday, March 30, 2015

20 weeks.

Before we talk about 20 weeks pregnant me, how cute is my little lady with the Easter bunny?


It was pretty funny, Hartley walked right up to the Easter Bunny and waited to be lifted on to his lap. As soon as she got up there, she struck a pose and flashed a smile. And as I've done quite a few times lately, I wondered where she gets that from. The mom behind me told me how lucky I am; I always am afraid of taking credit for it because there's nothing I do that makes Hartley the easy going ham she is. 

The best part was that Brian came with us this year. There's nothing quite like a family fun day on a weekday!

Now onto the bump. 20 weeks! This felt like a huge milestone last time, too. Now that I've made it halfway, I'm getting that, "I'm gonna make it!" feeling.

So here we are, Patrick halfway done leaving in the belly: 


I wish I had been able to copy the old pregnancy survey but since I couldn't, I'm trying to get it right. Here it goes: 

How far along? 20 weeks (and 2 days now!)
Total weight gain: not sure - our bathroom is under construction so our scale is in the basement bathroom
Maternity clothes? A mixture. I mainly live in yoga pants and non maternity shirts. But I'm slowly starting to transition to maternity shirts (like in the picture), and I'm all about my maternity jeans. 
Stretch marks? I don't think there are new ones yet (I have tons from Hartley though!)
Best moment of the week: having Brian take Friday off to get a little extra family time. 
Miss anything? Alcohol. I did cave recently and have a small glass of wine but I wish it could be a weekly thing ;)
Movement? Yep! I felt Patrick move about 6 weeks earlier than I felt Hartley move. He's a strong, active little guy already. 
Food cravings? Just give me all the food. I'm always hungry. My stomach is always growling. I eat almost anything but chicken just isn't my thing unless is coated in sauce or hidden somehow. 
Anything making you feel sick or queasy? Coffee, chicken and meat can be rough on me sometimes.
Starting to show? Yep! I think I'm smaller than I am, which is pretty funny. I keep thinking no one can tell I'm pregnant but Brian says it's becoming obvious. Though he said the sweetest thing to me. He said: I wish you could be pregnant forever because you are the most beautiful pregnant lady. Sweet thought but I'm not trying to be pregnant forever ;)
Gender? Boy. 
Belly button in or out? In. And Hartley is obsessed with my belly button these days. 
Wedding rings on or off? Everyone knows I suck at wearing my wedding ring but it fits still and I wear it when I'm going to see people! 
Happy or moody? Mostly happy. Life is very good. But I definitely get teary sometimes and I get a little more anxious during this pregnancy. In some ways I feel "not ready" and have little panic attacks but those are becoming fewer as time goes on. 
Most looking forward to: being out in the nice weather, taking our last couple trips before the baby comes. I'm really trying to savor where we are now and make the most of our very short time as a family of 3. Pregnancy wise I'm looking forward to the 24 week mark, Viability Day! Not that I'm wanting an early baby but that mark is very comforting. 

This pregnancy has been very different than my pregnancy with Hartley. It's flying by, and I often forget a baby is coming this summer. When I do stop to think about it I realize how we're not nearly as prepared as we were around this time last pregnancy. It's very odd to experience a surprise spontaneous pregnancy so in some ways it really hasn't hit! Crazy, huh? 

I need to start getting the babes' rooms in order. Though I've been working on some artwork for Patrick's room so that's something! 

Of course the house is starting to seem small so we've been talking a lot about moving - but not this year.

But like I've said, life is good. I'm in a great place in my pregnancy. I don't want to jinx it but I'm thinking it be smooth sailing (as much as pregnancy can be!) until that last month. 

That's all for now. Maybe I'll start trying to keep up with these surveys!


No comments:

Post a Comment