Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Spring Feelings.

I've decided that this weekend kicked off spring. I know, I know - there will likely be more cold weather and maybe even snow before winter is really all said and done. But for now, we'll enjoy the sunshine and actually being able to be outside. 

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty damn good! Let's face it, during pregnancy you never really feel as great as when you're not pregnant but compared to last trimester, I feel like a whole new woman. The only complaint I have is sleep. The silver lining? My sleep was so crappy prior to spring forward that I didn't even feel losing that hour. I'm actually completely in love with the spring forward time change. I also got a prenatal massage this weekend, and let me tell you, that is the best thing ever when you're pregnant. My body feels so much less achy. 

I slept in until 8 today, and Hartley slept until 9! Yeah, you better believe I used my extra hour between our wake ups to lay in bed and watch the today show in my pajamas. Shower? Laundry? What are those, right? As a parent, slow, quiet mornings are few and far between so I know not to waste them on being productive.


Hartley officially turned 13 months yesterday. We went for a family lake walk, which is exactly what we did a year ago to celebrate her turning 1 month old. The loop we walk is 3 miles. Before winter came it was our regular loop, and I pushed her stroller up the hills without being out of breath. After this brutal, frigid winter where walks didn't happen, that walk kicked my ass. But it helped my sleep and my restless leg syndrome. Hopefully that walk is a regular thing from here on out so my pregnant self gets into better shape. 

As we walked, Brian and I talked about how excited we are for this spring and summer. There are so many places we want to take Hartley. No more indoor time... we're all over it! We also have two little vacations coming up. In May, we're going to Ocean City for a few days with my parents, my brother and his fiancĂ©. My parents generously are treating us to the trip and have already offered to watch Hartley so Brian and I can have some toddler free time. Then in June, we're going to visit my sister and her husband in Raleigh, NC. Our trip to Raleigh last fall was cancelled due to an ear infection so I'm happy that we're finally getting down there, and we'll get to stay at their beautiful new house! 

Truth be told, I'm really looking forward to all the time leading up the August. I'm excited to meet our baby boy but I totally remember that scary/draining/exhausting/emotional postpartum and newborn stage. That shit is rough. So I'm well aware that the fun will temporarily be placed on hold at the end of summer so we've got to make the most fun of what we have until that time comes. 

Hartley is so much fun these days. In some ways I wish Patrick could just come out as a 13 month old!

And random piece of information: I placed on order on OshKosh the other day. I had to spend $40 to get a 20% discount so I did a first: I bought outfits for both my babes. I got Hartley's Easter dress, which isn't very fancy but I want it to get lots of use out of it because it's adorable. I also got her a casual summer outfit, and I got Patrick the sweetest newborn set. I got really excited when they arrived; I really felt like a mom of 2! 


I'll be posting some more blogs soon. I'm calling this our "week of fun" because it's jammed with fun plans. Tonight my mom is bringing over dinner and watching The Bachelor finale with us. If that's not fun, I don't know what is! And some pictures for your viewing pleasure. One of these days I'm going to hop on the other side of the camera ;) 









No comments:

Post a Comment