Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sick, Love Day & New Baby Thoughts

This past week got off to a little bit of a rough start. 

I felt so fabulous on Hartley's birthday that I decided I probably didn't need to be taking 2 morning sickness medications. So Monday, I stopped the Diclegis. That night I went to the movies with a girlfriend. We saw Pretty Woman at the Alamo so you know I had to get fried pickles and a milkshake. After I dropped her off, I started feeling really nauseous but figured the food had just been too much. 

Well, I woke up slightly after midnight and was violently sick. Brian's work is very busy right now so he couldn't stay home. So I took care of Hartley on the sickest day of my pregnancy. Think stomach flu or food poisoning level of sick. I begged him to come home early, so he made it home at 4 and took Hartley. Once I thought I could keep pills down, I went right back on both medicines and realized that just needs to be my regimen for a while longer. 

Wednesday my week took a dramatic turn for the better. My mom and dad have been very generous with their help, especially when I'm on pelvic rest. I'm not supposed to lift Hartley so whenever they can come do the heavy lifting for me, they do. It has been a godsend, especially during Brian's busy time at work. 

Wednesday and Thursday my mom came and helped me. She did everything from playing with Hartley to changing diapers to cleaning my bathroom. She let me lay down so I could get rest. Friday my dad came and let me lay down while he entertained Hartley. And come Friday afternoon, I felt like a well-rested, happy human. It's amazing how much the extra help made a huge difference in my week. 

Valentine's Day was nice. Brian took Hartley to the grocery store so I could laze around. But when they were home we all sat in the Iiving room and read books, listened to music and played. It was really nice to lay low as a family and not put pressure on ourselves to do anything other than veg out. 



Brian and I had plans to go to Bonefish Grill for Valentine's dinner; that's where we went for our first Valentine's Day together in 2007. My parents offered to come baby sit, and I was really excited to go to a nice dinner this year. Well, it was snowing but halfway there it turned into a full on white out, when you can't see anything in front of you. It was terrifying. I freaked out, told Brian to take whatever exit we could see so we could turn around and go home. We almost drove off the road and definitely lost control of the car a couple times but Brian stayed very brave, and we made it home safely. Afterwards he told me he was pretty freaked out too because he couldn't see anything. So we received the Valentine's gift of seeing another day! And we put Hartley to bed together, and that made it the most special Valentine's Day yet.  


Of course I forgot to take my medicine last night so this morning has been a little unpleasant. But since we should find out baby 2's gender this week, I'm researching nursery ideas, and that's making me feel better. I'm drawing a blank for a girl to be honest; the only ideas I have mean repainting the nursery so I'd have to figure out how to bribe someone to do that! For a boy, I really like a nautical theme. Not nautical in the preppy way that Pottery Barn does it but I don't quite know how to describe it. I found a fabric at minted that summarizes what I like perfectly but I'm unsure if I should attempt making a quilt all by myself. We are reusing the nursery for the new baby and moving Hartley into the lady cave so the walls are already blue if my boy prediction is right. 

I mean, adorable, right?


This is pretty cute, too:


In rereading that it may sound like I'm "rooting" for a boy but I'm not rooting for one over the other. I'm truly happy with either! I do get excited to find out though because I find it helps me bond better. It helps me visualize our son or daughter, so when I feel awful I know it's for a good reason. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful love day. I also hope everyone is hibernating and staying warm today! Wind Chill of -15? Seriously?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment