Thursday, February 5, 2015

Baby Crane 2


I am relieved to finally put my pregnancy out there. I hate keeping secrets! This has been a hard secret to keep too because I seriously don't do well with the first trimester. 

The first thing I want to share is that this pregnancy was a big surprise to both Brian and I. We didn't think I could conceive naturally. So if you calculated my babies' age difference and thought, "woah, 18 months apart!?" - that was my first thought, too! 

We both feel incredibly blessed and lucky. While this baby was unplanned, it is an absolutely welcomed surprise and already a very loved new addition to our family. I also feel tremendously fortunate to get to experience a whole different kind of miracle.

I found out i was pregnant on December 5th. Hartley and I had plans to meet up with a friend and her son that day but I woke up feeling really lousy so I canceled. I had the most bizarre gut feeling that I was pregnant. It went against all my sensibilities but I felt the exact same way I did right before I found out I was pregnant with Hartley.

When I went to buy a pregnancy test I couldn't even tell Brian. I knew he'd tell me I was wasting money. I told my friend Sabrina. I knew she probably thought I was nuts too but at least she'd support my crazy pregnancy test purchase. 

Well, sure enough, the test was positive. Of course I called Brian right away to tell him. There isn't a word in the English language to describe our shock/confusion/disbelief. I talked to Sabrina right after calling Brian and I just remember saying the word "weird" on repeat.

I took pregnancy tests everyday after that for a long time.

Now here I am at 12 weeks, 5 days, and I'm thrilled the world can know. 

It's been a rough pregnancy so far. I've been very sick, exhausted, and moody. Sadly, I'm finding this pregnancy to be harder than the first but that may have something to do with having a toddler tornado on my hands, too! I am currently on pelvic rest for a hematoma, basically a blood clot in my uterus. But the baby looks very healthy and active which makes me happy and optimistic! 

I realize that I'm now that story of "that person that did IVF and got pregnant naturally", and I'm pretty excited that I get to be one of those! 

So thanks to all for the well wishes and kind words. Brian and I really appreciate that. We felt an overwhelming amount of love and support during my pregnancy with Hartley, and it's wonderful to feel all of that again! 

I will post updates whenever Hartley isn't wearing me out but the main take away so far is shock mixed with excitement and joy. And also, lots of "morning" sickness, exhaustion and now, pelvic rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment