Monday, February 16, 2015

It's a...

BOY!

And I have been so excited since I found out this morning. 

Like I've said before, I would truly have been thrilled with either sex, and I really do mean that. But today, when the nurse showed me the test results for a healthy baby boy, I actually cried happy tears. In that moment I realized that a couple years ago we never knew if we would have a child, and here I am now with a beautiful, healthy little girl and a heathy baby boy on the way. In that moment tears came because I was just thanking God for being so good to us. I feel very fortunate to get to be the mom to a daughter AND a son. 

To be honest, I haven't enjoyed this pregnancy. It has been wrought with horrible morning sickness and a very large amount of anxiety. But today I got to stop thinking about that crap and think about how, at the end of the summer, I'll get to hold my baby boy. 

The bleed still exists but it is smaller. I'm on pelvic rest until the radiologist reviews the ultrasound and my doctor decides to lift my restrictions. I'm okay with that especially because I have gotten a ton of help from my parents. I'm positive and know that once my rest restrictions are lifted I'll still try to be as safe as possible. 

I can't lie, I spent Hartley's afternoon nap browsing baby boy stuff online. I'm kind of traditional where I like baby boys in soft colors, especially baby blue. It must make me an old lady though because only department stores seem to do that anymore! Lord and Taylor, here I come ;) 

I still like a nautical nursery but I'm totally not a fan of the red and navy blue stuff. I'm more into light blue, muted orange or yellow, and white. We'll see if I can bring my vision to life. Since I put effort into Hartley's nursery, I'd like to try to do the same this time. Let's just hope I have the energy. 

Hartley is moving into the lady cave before the next baby arrives. It's already a beautiful color - "vintage white" by SW. It's more of a very soft yellow cream, my favorite paint color in the whole house. She'll get a new dresser, keep her crib, and I'll make some new art. I'm happy because I prefer that room color for her and blue works perfectly for a boy nursery. 

I keep saying "boy" but he has a name. Some people might think that's nuts but we picked out his name back in the day of trying to conceive Miss H! Our newest addition will be Patrick Godfrey Crane. Patrick is a name we both like but is also Brian's middle name. It's our way of making him a "Brian Jr." but without the name confusion! And Godfrey is my maiden name which I've always known I would like to pass down to a boy. He'll have the same intials as his mama: PGC! 

I'm very excited to see the relationship between Hartley and her little brother. I think she's going to make a terrific big sister and can't wait to watch their Hartley and Patrick antics and adventures! 

Now it's time for me to calm down from all the excitement of today and watch some grade A trashy tv.

As always there will be updates to follow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment