Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Patty

Patrick Frank. Where to even begin!


I do sometimes feel guilty that when Hartley was a baby I was blogging her updates monthly, and Patrick definitely isn't getting that treatment. But let's get real, what Patrick is getting is far better - he absolutely loves being his sister's sidekick. And if two little ones means less blogging, I highly doubt he'd trade it! 

He continues to be the most well-natured baby I've ever known. He always has a smile and a laugh ready to go.


The most easy way to describe him is by saying, he is a giant ball of love. His continues to be a big baby. His large, squishy body is so amazing to snuggle. When he falls asleep on me I just want freeze time forever. I often joke with people that Patrick has ruined me for other babies. Not only his personality but his delicious baby rolls - I don't think I'll ever see another babe who can compare. I honestly think I'll cry the day he begins walking because I know those rolls will leave. And channeling Bev Goldberg, he won't be my little snuggle monster anymore!

I just wish time could stand still and he could stay this way always. 

He loves baths. He loves being sung to. He loves any toy that his sister is playing with. He likes books but he'll definitely turn the pages at his own speed ;)


He loves meal time. He loves outside time; he enjoys his baby swing. He loves Hartley, and Winnie, and pretty much everyone else. 

He loves rolling around. 


He's cool with outings and errands. The stroller and carseat don't phase him at all. We only noticed a teeny change in his disposition while getting his four teeth! 

I just asked Brian what Patrick doesn't like and the only thing we can collectively come up with is, "when you don't feed him his food fast enough". This is hilarious - and true. The only time I've ever seen him upset is when I was feeding him guacamole and accidentally put the spoon down to give him a little break! 

He is sitting on his own for about 5-10 seconds. He is trying to get his legs under himself to crawl but currently can only backwards army crawl and rotate. It's amazing how far he gets around with that and rolling as his only means! 

He is very chatty, which was pointed out at his assessment. We were told his development is fantastic outside a little delay with his gross motor skills. We were told how engaging his is, and of course, everyone marveled at his good nature.

Patrick gets these sorts of comments wherever he goes. And if I had a nickel for every time I heard, "he is the biggest, smiliest baby I've ever seen" or "he has the most beautiful hair!" Oh Lawd, I'd be a wealthy woman. 

I also have heard a hundred times how my son is going to be a linebacker. But, no, he isn't playing football! I told someone that the other day, and they told me that'll he'll probably be an astrophysicist instead. I'll take it ;)

My baby boy, you win hearts wherever you go, and your mama knows exactly why. You are as sweet and fun as you are cute. I just feel like you truly are going to do amazing things because you are just a ray of sunshine that lights up everywhere you go. In all my life, I couldn't have dreamt up a little boy as wonderful as you. I used to think I could never see myself as a "boy mom" but holy moly, you really changed that for me. I love being your mom and I love you to the moon and back. The world is a better place because you are in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment