Thursday, April 9, 2015

14 months.

Dear Hartley,

You've been here for 14 months now but I've gotten to the point where I can't remember life without you. As usual, this has become my favorite age! 

You have blossomed so much. This past month has really be defined by lots of playing outside. It's your favorite thing. You love to run. You love to find sticks and rocks. You also love pulling these little warning flags out of the ground that are in the ground on the pipeline. Of course you loved "hunting" for Easter eggs, too.

You've also gotten really into bouncing your ball and even trying to dribble it. 

You are constantly babbling. It's adorable. You prefer babbling to speaking with your words but you have quite a few under your belt now. You can say the following words: hi, bye, yeah, no, dada, mama, woah, baa (sheep noise). You also know quack and moo (which sounds like "oooo") but you're more shy about saying them in front of people. Lately I've also thought I've heard you say "ball" a couple times. 

You're very proud of your skills, as you should be! You often bring your sheep to me so I'll ask you what a sheep says. You'll say "baa" and smile from ear to eat with pride. Sometimes you even clap for yourself. 

You've mastered stacking rings on your ring stacker. You're starting to get how to use your shape sorter. You have the most success with getting the circle in it. 

You still love to dance. I have so many videos on my phone of you dancing and you're continuing to get new moves. I think your current favorite song is Uptown Funk. I have a cute video of that one! 

On Easter you liked playing with chalk but crayons haven't really taken off here yet. When I give you crayons you color on everything that isn't paper. 

You love being read to and have started sitting in my lap for story time. You love The Biggest Kiss and The Belly Button Book. Dad reads you Tacky The Penguin almost every morning, and I love to sneak in and watch you guys. 

Since I'm pregnant with your little brother, we definitely need tv chill out time sometimes (especially today because I have a nasty cold). You love Sesame Street. You love Elmo. You love to dance, clap and stomp along to the songs. It's so cute. Dad got you a Cookie Monster doll, and you give the Cookie Monster doll hugs. 

Your favorite foods are basically all fruits. The top two are grapes and blueberries. You're definitely in a toddler phase of only wanting to eat what you like so we often save fruit for dessert. You also love hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and green beans. Total toddler palette! 

You also love to make music with your xylophone and piano. You're starting to get wood puzzles like the one of your name. 

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of things but in summary, you are an amazing little person. You have a very sweet, happy go lucky personality. You have little fear. You are wild, active and adventurous. Your dad and I love seeing you smile, laugh and explore.

I love you so much, lovey. 

Happy 14 months! 

Love, Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment