Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I'm the Easter bunny



Yep, I'm the Easter bunny, and I'm already working on Hartley's basket. I'll probably add a couple more things; I already have some ideas. And I get that she's not going to understand the whole Easter bunny thing. When I got home from Target, Brian's response was, "what does she do with it?" But it's her first Easter, and the traditions start now. I'm already excited to scoop her up in her Easter pajamas and carry her downstairs to show her what the bunny brought! Festive pancakes for mom and dad - but next year Miss H will partake. 

Drumroll please... I also ordered her Easter dress. Assuming she can wear a 6 month dress in a month. Even if it's a little big I think she'll rock it anyway. I'm not all about the heavy, formal dresses for babies so it's a light weight, flutter sleeve dress in a pastel pink butterfly print, with a matching diaper cover. I ordered it with her white eyelet baptism dress. Since baptismal gowns are so expensive, I ordered something marketed as a baby Easter dress instead. I rounded up a size to 3-6 month. She's currently wearing 0-3 month clothes, and both dresses are warm weather dresses so I wanted to make sure they get a solid wear out of them. 

I'm really jazzed because I feel like it's the first time she'll be showing off some cute outfits as opposed to being stuck at home just photographed in a cute outfit. 

Though I must admit, I'm almost thinking of passing on Easter mass. She hasn't been to church yet, and I wasn't planning on going until her baptism. The whole germ thing is too much. I know lots of "carefree parents" take their kids out to crowded public places when they are newborns but I generally think of these people as idiots more than "carefree". Still a month to make that decision but this might be the year where Brian and Hartley get the "get out of jail free" card on that one.

And Brian bought Hartley her Easter jams. We already broke 'em out. Because they are too cute not to.


I mean, baby feet dressed as bunnies? Uh, yes please.



1 comment:

  1. very sweet pics!

    the going out in public thing - I would go nuts if I had to isolate myself for months after my kids were born. I don't think taking them in public made me an idiot. to each their own though :)

    ReplyDelete