Friday, July 4, 2014

Yessss victory!

So it took me 8 weeks but I'm officially down ten pounds! Yes! Double digit weight loss!

I am so proud of myself. 

I stalled out the past couple weeks. Life was happening, and the diet wasn't a priority. I'm 100% not ashamed of that. I'm truly in this for the long haul. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I have 20 pounds more to lose to get to my goal weight. 

Here are my goals:

Lose the next ten pounds by our 5th wedding anniversary: September 5, 2014.

Lose those last ten pounds by December 31, 2014. 

I'm so impressed with myself. I'm 33% of the way to my goal. 

And last weekend I actually had a chance to get ready for the day when I went to my sister in law's bridal shower. I looked in the mirror and thought, "wow, I look beautiful." You're cringing, thinking I'm super vain. But I've worked hard, and I love myself for it. I don't always get a chance to get ready for the day but when I do, I really do look good. 

My downfall is still emotional eating so I'm working on that. But it has definitely improved. Before Hartley, I'd eat mindlessly, and the best part about dieting with a baby is that you actually can't eat mindlessly. There's never the time or the free hands! My main pitfall now is "tired eating". Yep, actually eating to try to gain more energy because I'm wiped. I'm not trying to eliminate this habit completely. It's kind of a natural thing. But I'm trying to get as much sleep as I can at night and drink water so I at least do what I can to curb the habit. 

My strength is preparation. Man does preparation make a difference when you have a little one! Thinking ahead helps me greatly. So does my slow cooker. 

I had to get on my blog to write this because I'm so proud of myself. And maybe you're thinking, "hah, 10 pounds? I could lose that in a few weeks!" I could too but I couldn't maintain it. Maintenance is the biggest part of this. I'm not trying to be a size 2. I'm not trying to be all muscle, no fat. I'm trying to be a healthier mom and wife, for life. I'm not rushing it, and I'm not killing myself to get there. I also know another baby is a possibility so I'm not trying to do anything unhealthy to my body.

I'm giving myself plenty of time to lose the next ten pounds. But I can't lie, I can't wait to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary 20 pounds lighter than I was when we started! Wish me luck as I chug along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment